In light of the new guidelines from the LA County Health Department, that has chosen to follow all of the California Guidelines and CDC Guidelines effective June 29, we are updating our policies here at Lifesaver Education to comply with the current recommendations.
Here are the new policies we are following beginning 6/29:
- Due to the new recommendation from Los Angeles County Department of Health, facemasks are strongly recommended to be worn by everyone indoors regardless of vaccination status.
- We will continue to offer online classes with skills evaluation sessions for those who prefer to remain at our office for a shorter period of time.
- Prior to COVID, our classes were conducted with a 1:1 student-to-manikin ratio and we followed disinfection protocols as outlined by the American Heart Association. We have continued this throughout the pandemic and will continue these protocols which include disinfecting manikins, equipment, and surfaces with a CDC-approved disinfectant after use and using disposable mouthpieces.
- We will continue conducting CPR classes on tables instead of the floor, each student will have their own table and equipment, distancing will remain approximately 6 feet.
- Our advanced classes will return to normal capacity and will no longer require 6-foot social distancing. Students who feel uncomfortable with the spacing may request an individual socially distanced table in the back of the classroom.
We ask that students who have any symptoms please contact us immediately to reschedule your class to another time when you are not ill and the rescheduling fee will be waived. We are committed to working together to meet your needs and keeping you and our community safe and healthy. Given the fluidity of the situation, we will continue to closely monitor any new developments and will post any updates as needed.
CEO, Lifesaver Education