Pediatric CPR, AED, & First Aid Classes
Pediatric CPR, AED, & FIRST AID Online COURSE content
The Pediatric CPR, AED, & First Aid classroom course trains students on child, infant, and adult CPR, AED use, and choking. The course also covers first aid training.
Students taking this course will master skills such as:
- Recognizing those in need of CPR, and performing CPR and using an AED for child, infant, and adult.
- Identifying and assisting those in need of assistance when choking for child, infant, and adult.
- Understanding and applying universal precautions
- Recognizing behaviors in children that necessitate emergency actions
- Identifying and responding to emergencies such as dehydration, asthma, heat- and cold-related emergencies, stings and bites, bodily injuries such as bleeding and broken bones, and other medical emergencies. Includes learning how to use an Epinephrine pen.
Students will master their Pediatric CPR and First Aid skills through a combination of online videos and in-person skills evaluation with instructor guidance.
This course is intended for individuals in childcare settings, who are responsible for responding to emergencies for infants and children until professional help arrives. This includes teachers, childcare workers, fostercare workers, camp counselors, youth organizations, coaches, grandparents, parents, babysitters, and anyone who wants to learn how to respond to child and infant specific emergencies.
For the American Heart Association general course that covers only adult, child, and infant CPR, AED, and choking, please refer to the American Heart Association’s CPR & AED course.
For the American Heart Association general course that covers only first aid topics, such as use of an epinephrine pen, heart attack, stroke, bleeding, and other similar topics, please refer to the American Heart Association’s First Aid course.
For the American Heart Association general course that covers both CPR & AED and First Aid, please refer to the American Heart Association’s CPR, AED, & First Aid course.
pediatric CPR, AED, & FIRST AID ONLINE COURSE (ONLINE + SKILLS TESTING)
The Pediatric CPR, AED, & First Aid Online is the only AHA ACCREDITED online course and students will receive the same COURSE COMPLETION CARD after completing the in-person skills session as you would from taking a classroom course.
THERE ARE TWO PARTS TO pediatric CPR, AED, & First aid ONLINE CLASS:
- Part 1 at your home or office: Online access to videos and activities (approximately 4.0-5.0 hours)–Immediate access to online class upon registration.
- Part 2 in our office: Skills evaluation for child, infant, and adult CPR and AED use as well as first aid skills (such as removing gloves, assessment of a problem, using an Epinephrine pen, and bleeding/bandaging) with an instructor in our office (30 to 45 minutes). After completing the online course, call our office to schedule the skills evaluation session. Skills sessions are available daily, by appointment.
Visit our Cancellation & Rescheduling Policy for questions related to refunds for online courses.