CPR, AED, & First Aid Classes
CPR, AED, & First Aid CLASSROOM COURSE (IN PERSON)
The CPR, AED, & First Aid classroom course trains students on adult, child, and infant CPR, AED use, and choking. The course also covers first aid training.
Students taking this course will master skills such as:
- Recognizing those in need of CPR, and performing CPR and using an AED for adult, child, and infant.
- Identifying and assisting those in need of assistance when choking for adult, child, and infant.
- Understanding and applying universal precautions
- Identifying and responding to those with asthma, allergic reactions, heart attack, stroke, seizures, and other medical emergencies. Includes learning how to use an Epinephrine pen.
- Identifying and responding to bleeding (internal and external), shock, and other bodily injuries
- Identifying and responding to various bites and stings (from insects to marine animals) and heat- and cold-related emergencies
Students will master their CPR and First Aid skills through a combination of hands-on practice and video-aided instruction with instructor guidance.
This course is intended for anyone with little or no medical training and can be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.
For the American Heart Association course that covers only adult, child, and infant CPR, AED, and choking, please refer to the American Heart Association’s CPR & AED course.
For the American Heart Association course that covers only first aid topics, such as use of an epinephrine pen, heart attack, stroke, bleeding, and other similar topics, please refer to the American Heart Association’s First Aid course.
For the American Heart Association course that covers both CPR & AED and First Aid with a focus on children and infants, please refer to the American Heart Association’s Pediatrc CPR, AED, & First Aid course.
CPR, AED, & First aid ONLINE COURSE (ONLINE + SKILLS TESTING)
The CPR, AED, & First Aid Online Course covers the same topics as the CPR, AED, & First Aid Classroom Course, allowing students to watch videos and review topics presented in the in-person course.
CPR, AED, & First Aid Online is the only AHA ACCREDITED online course and students will receive the same COURSE COMPLETION CARD after completing the in-person skills session as you would from taking a classroom course.
THERE ARE TWO PARTS TO CPR, AED, & First aid ONLINE CLASS:
- Part 1 at your home or office: Online access to videos and activities (approximately 4.0-5.0 hours)–Immediate access to online class upon registration.
- Part 2 in our office: Skills evaluation for adult, child, and infant CPR and AED use as well as first aid skills (such as removing gloves, assessment of a problem, using an Epinephrine pen, and bleeding/bandaging) with an instructor in our office (30 to 45 minutes). After completing the online course, call our office to schedule the skills evaluation session. Skills sessions are available daily, by appointment.
Visit our Cancellation & Rescheduling Policy for questions related to refunds for online courses.